photo by Lisa Roberts
Repairs are being made, sidewalks power washed, vegetation trimmed back, making ready for the big 4th of July celebration. Medicine Park on it’s 101st birthday is acting like the kid it’s always been. On tap will be great music, this year’s headliner is nationally recognized, Curtis Salgado, blues artist. Back by popular demand are two hometown favorites: Blueprint (blues and rock) and the JuJu Beans (Rockabilly, blues) Lawton, Ok. Medicine Park Marauders have loaded their guns and have put together a 3 act production with an explosive ending. The Short Branch Saloon concession proceeds benefits Medicine Park street theatre and arts. And it wouldn’t be the 4th without Charley Wright and the Great Rubber Ducky race. Chance Mc Quacken the 8 foot mascot will be there as well. Proceeds go to help Medicine Park events and services. Stop by the Fire Department and get yourself a hot dog or hamburger with all the fixin’s for a donation. And of course fireworks!
FYI: Click on band names to go to their site to hear a sample of the music.
And can you believe it is still free! Many man and woman volunteer hours have gone into preparing for the event. Come celebrate with us.
- 11:30 a.m (starting at).... Hot Dogs & hamburger, Medicine Park Volunteer Fire Dept (donation)
- 12:30 p.m.... Marauders Shootout, Act 1
- 1:30 p.m..... Marauders Shootout, Act 2
- 2:00 - 3:30 p.m...... Live Music of Blue Print, Old General Store (adjacent to the Old Plantation)
- 4:00 p.m. ... Marauders Shootout, Conclusion
- 5:30 p.m. ....Duck Race / Awards to Winners
- 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. - Live Music of Curtis Salgado, Apache Inn (across from the Park Tavern)
- Fireworks Show
- Live Music with Juju Beans, Apache Inn following Fireworks